machines or not? what?

Sat, 21 Jun 2003 12:56:08 +0200

Tony Caught wrote:

> Hi André
>
> Don't blame Alan for those comments, they are mine. I am at the moment
> trying to understand why so many people who use these machines recon that
> they are so good. To tune a piano from A0 to C8 by machine and say its tuned
> is to me just unbelievable. Who is kidding who ?

Oh this is very very do able Tony.  RCT, SAT, TLPro and even Tunelab 97 are
quite capable of providing a very good tuning this way. That isnt to say you
shouldnt tweak the tuning afterwards, nor is it to say that any given tuner
might find a routine better suited to his/her own styles. But you certainly can
get a decent enough tuning this way

> So OK, Verituner is one that I have no experience with and from what has
> been said by you and others has led me to believe that it is not a machine,
> its a visual extension of your ear.

I think every ETD should be seen in that perspective personally. Keep the ears
on ! :)

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.