damper stickiness

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 09:42:17 -0500

>Great. What now? Can I get the wax out of there? I sure don't want to
>rebush the rails.
>Keith Roberts

Why not, especially considering the new back action, dampers, and damper
wires? It's not a bad job. It takes a few minutes at the drill press to
clean out the old bushings, then you do the actual bushing in front of the
television in the evening with a sharp knife and a small bottle of
Titebond. Insert #7 bridge pins and dampen the bushings when you're
finished, and in the morning they will be sized just right for the wires.