Curious Steinway

bruce greig bgreig@nyc.rr.com
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 15:29:10 -0400

------=_NextPart_001_0084_01C33809.DCD65140
  Welcome, Harry -=20
  first, count again carefully, (what are the lowest & highest notes?); =
then have your friend contact the Steinway factory with the serial =
number and he can get the history of the instrument.  You would probably =
also enjoy reading Larry Fine's The Piano Book which has an interesting =
section on Steinway, but there is no mention of such a scaling. =20
  Bruce

  ---- Original Message -----=20
  From: Harry Pickett=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, June 21, 2003 7:57 AM
  Subject: Curious Steinway

  =20
  Hi List,

  As way of introduction..

  I'm new at this the last year I have been learning as much as possible =
about piano technology with the Coleman videos, Reblitz and generally =
getting under the arm pits of any tuner that would let me watch them =
tune a piano. You can tell I am very experienced- right!

  A friend has a Steinway C 1878 that has 82 notes, hmmmmm where can I =
find out about this?

  Thanks for your help

  Harry Pickett

  =20