Virtual Capstan

Mark Davidson mark.davidson@mindspring.com
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 16:09:33 -0400

Force is static.  Work is not static.  Work=energy=force*distance.
My concern is conservation of energy.
How do you get more work/energy out of the back of the key than you put in
at the front?
(Hint: you don't.)
Where does the extra work come from?

I understand the leverage issues/argument.  But leverage isn't energy.

-Mark