Hearing problems

Sat, 21 Jun 2003 13:52:21 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Avery Todd" <avery@ev1.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: June 20, 2003 3:38 PM
Subject: Re: Hearing problems

> Del,
>
> Personally, I also think that something should be done about the
> volume level in practice rooms. I hate to tune in most of them
> the way I normally would (test blows) because of the volume level!
> Carpet?
>
> Avery

Avery,

I agree. The memory has faded but I remember how I dreaded some of those
rooms.

I've just been doing a bit of research on noise and noise controls for
another project and have been reading over some material published by OSHA.
It might be appropriate for you (or some other interested party) to do a
little checking and find just what the volume levels are in these rooms.
I've no idea whether or not things like university practice rooms fall
under any of OSHA's range of experience or not, but they well might. OSHA
does have a web site that I have found useful in the past. It's just
www.osha.gov. Or, more specifically,
http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/noisehearingconservation/index.html.

Del