Experimental knuckle, actually roller

Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:46:39 +0200

Daniel Lindholm wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I had a closer look on it, and as I understood the pianists didn't like it
> because that the feeling where the jacks pops out from under the knuckle,
> almost dissapeared. I can't understand how that could be a problem, but I'm
> no pianist :)
>
> I didnt have a chance to try it out though. When I visited the factory
> (about a month ago) they had both the pianos out on exhibit. Too bad. Did
> you get a chance to try it? What did you think about the Steingraeberpianos?
>
> Best regards,
> Daniel Lindholm / Sweden

I hear confliction reports about this. I look forward to checking out such an
action myself before to long, so I will reserve judgement until then.  That
said... as long as the friction between the knuckle and jacktop has a nice even
feel to it.. I dont really view it as a problem that needs to be solved.

Perhaps thats just because I am used to them ??

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.