OT Virus: Not I!

Kevin E. Ramsey kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:46:42 -0700

Sarah, we really didn't think that it was coming directly from you, =
dear.. We covered this a few weeks ago, about how just one of your =
messages on someone else's computer can make it appear to come from you. =
=20

You're just fine with me, at least.
Kevin

By the way, your viewpoint on the matter is point-on, as usual.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Sarah Fox=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Monday, June 23, 2003 6:35 PM
  Subject: Re: OT Virus: Not I!

  > Hi List,
  >
  > My Mailwasher has just detected a virus from Sarah Fox @ =
Goldrush.com,
  with
  > the subject "Key leads and inertia"

  Yikes!  I got it too.  Since I don't often send emails to myself -- or =
  any of my other alter egos -- I treated it with considerable suspicion =
and
  did not open the attachment.

  My computer is free of viruses, unless this is something not yet =
profiled in
  the Norton/Symantec virus definitions.  The virus apparently came from
  someone else, as evidenced by the header (read in order from the last
  "received" line to the first):

  don't want to get spam through my primary address!)