Restringing

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:05:53 -0400

Terry,
         Check out my earlier post about the coil maker itself. You MUST=20
leave the tail in such a position that it's natural rotation as it tries to=
=20
unwind itself will be down toward the plate. This way it is impossible for=
=20
it to come loose. Pulling up the string tension only makes it tighter. This=
=20
is an issue for harpsichord techs too if I'm not mistaken.

Greg Newell