Accu-Just Hitch Pins

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 10:19:34 -0700 (GMT)

>...If you happen to have a level with different calibration, read the
>degrees per line from the Baldwin chart and translate to fit yours.

OK.

>  Baldwin's gage is 0.005" rise per inch per division, Lowell's is
0.003".

If I understand correctly, then you are saying that Baldwin's instructions are to set from .283 degrees (initial) bearing in the bass up to .850 degrees bearing in the treble.  This seems low.  As I mentioned before I was under the impression that these numbers were supposed to be 0.50 to 1.5 degrees.  I think I came by that impression from the explanatory material that came with Baldwin's instructions.  I'll have to look for it.

>This is exactly why I have been saying since the first piano I strung
that
>degrees is the only sensible measure for stating down bearing, and
>everyone can convert to their own personal scale from there. Call it a
>universal exchange standard.
>
>Ron N

I agree.

Phil F