single hitch pins

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:45:01 -0500

> > But yet no one has has tried individual vertical hitch pins?
> > think they use bass strings on individual hitch pins.  It
> > shouldn't be that much more of a problem to use  tenor and
treble
> > strings on individual h pins.  Still after all it is a
question of
> > the proof of the pudding.
> >     I would guess they might use something other than the
"double
> > German coil".  Someting more like the bass s trings
oops.  ---rm

> How do you think I found out how difficult it was?
>
> Del

I have no idea, but how difficult was it for individual
terminations on vertical hitch pins? I suppose there is the
difficulty of measuring bearing since the coil takes up space
between the bridge and h pin.

Not to change the subject too much but I still have fantasy about
a "two stringer" piano, esp grand.   Considering vertical hitch
pins this gives a new twist to this design, or actually eliminates
a twist since the note will consist of two strings around a common
h  pin.

Of course I really don't think much will be done in the
engineering of pianos under 6 feet since the digitals are becoming
satisfactory in that sound range.  ---rm