older steinway grands

Rob G. rrg@unlv.edu
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:01:25 -0700

This is a common complaint.  First I would strongly urge the client to put a
crowbar in their wallet and pop for a new set of Renner wipens, (with the
sloping heal specifically for these actions).  It WILL make a tremendous
improvement believe it or not. Without regard what they decide to do about
the wipens however, what you need is Abel "Light" hammers, (that's what they
are called, ask specifically for these).  They are the same as the regular
Abel hammers but a few grams less weight.  They work terrifically on these
kinds of actions where Renner or regular Abel hammers make the action too
heavy.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV