Oh, that's where I left it...

Tompiano@aol.com Tompiano@aol.com
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 07:34:29 EDT

Early on in my career I went to house for a normal service call. The order
was to tune the piano (which hadn't been tune in 20 some yrs) plus take care of
a sticky key.
To my astonishment the sticky key was attributed to the most beautiful
diamond ring which had lodged itself against the wippen. When I summoned the lady of
the house to tell her what I had found, she screamed so loud (which at the
time), seemed 10x louder than truck brakes squealing in a city traffic snarl. My
ears rang for a week!
Turns out this gal had been the dog house for those 20 yrs. because on her
wedding night she lost the ring. The same ring which had been passed down from
generation to generation on her husband's side of the family.  Apparently she
had taken off to admire it and got distracted and, bingo, it was gone.
Oh yes, the tip was generous afterwards.
Tom Servinsky, RPT