Square Action Handle

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 11:24:21 -0700

Ron N: "And a finger notch so you can extend it. I always thought the wire
handles
were kind of neat. Has anyone ever had one that was noisy?

I've never encountered one that rattled or buzzed, but I've found a few that
were seized and/or weren't useable! Many olde Square Grands and Squares had
permanently mounted cheek blocks, that had knobs attached. These were meant
to be used to extract the action. Also, while I'm at it: If the key slip
appears to be permanently attached, it probably is! I see many that had this
lovely feature, when some ham-handed tech and/or owner pried it off. That
usually opens a nice can of worms!<G> :-( The best rule of thumb, if you
have to deal with these beasts, is to procede thoughtfully, carefully and
SLOWLY.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)