Lester spinet-wound tri

Richard Strang rstrang@pa.inter.net
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:16:32 -0500

Kimball made a similar spinet back around the same year. What a beast to
tune! The old SAT isn't much help there.

Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Keith McGavern
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2003 5:50 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Lester spinet-wound tri

At 2:31 PM -0700 6/29/03, pianolover 88 wrote:
>First time I've ever seen wound TRI-chords on a little spinet! ... a
>Lester, circa 1946. Is this kinda rare?

Terry

Aren't you the lucky one   :-)

Actually, I, also, have tuned some drop lifter actions with what you
describe.

The only thing I could make of it was, they must have been considered
the top of the line spinet model by the manufacturer. All the stops
were pulled, and all the bells and whistles were installed for its
time, so to speak.

Keith McGavern