Square Action Handle (with pic)

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 02:48:45 -0300

Re: Square Action Handle (with pic)Hi Kieth,
No picture showed up for me?
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Keith McGavern
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Sent: Monday, June 30, 2003 1:11 AM
  Subject: Re: Square Action Handle (with pic)

  List,

   I use two brass pull door handles instead.
  I mount each one equidistant from the middle of the keyframe and its ends. The thumbs of your hands can then act as a leverage tool against the front of the keybed to start bringing the action out for each pull.

  Very controllable, and after a hundred pulls or so, what a blessing.

  The temporary handles are removed after the job is finished.

  Keith McGavern