Bechstein A plain wire scale

Phil Bondi tito@philbondi.com
Mon, 30 Jun 2003 18:49:00 -0400

Hi to all still here....

Got one in the shop right now - 1890something(too lazy to look up right
now). 85 note jewel.

My re-stringing book says it's a 59 note plain wire scale..the piano says
it's a 60 note scale.

Dave Smith (thanks Dave) de-strung and took numbers from the beckets, but I
am wondering if anyone has worked on these in recent memory and might have a
plain wire stringing scale worthy of sharing..?

I can tell you it's gonna be hard to go wrong with this one..it's a beauty
now. I can't wait to hear how it sounds with a fresh set of wire on it.

..it looks like Abel Lights were put on it..in the 70's according to the
owner..not the choice I would have made, but that's what's there...and
that's NOT a knock on Abels..I like them..I just wouldn't have put the
Lights on this piano.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

-Phil Bondi (Fl.)
phil@philbondi.com