Touchy subject

Bill Ballard yardbird@vermontel.net
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 01:02:18 -0500

At 11:25 PM -0500 10/31/03, Piannerman@aol.com wrote:
>What I crave is like, what would be your best guess as to how much
>time would be required to do a dealer prep on an average piano, in
>average condition, for an average dealer.  I know a lot of
>assumptions will have to be made and I apologize for being so vague
>but I have not done a dealer prep and am not sure what all you need
>to do.  I am assuming you check all tolerances like blow, dip,
>letoff, etc. and adjust to spec.

Our ties might not relate to yours. Why not just get the net time on
one piano and use that figure. Doing your won time study would seem
to be the best way to be fair to yourself. I know you want to be able
to tell the dealer something in advance, but it wouldn't be hard to
convince him that until you've worked on a sample piano of his, you
shouldn't be asked to say how long it will take.

IMHO.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"I gotta go ta woik...."
     ...........Ian Shoales, Duck's Breath Mystery Theater