CP 70-80 regulation specs

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Sun, 02 Nov 2003 11:35:52 -0700

At 03:50 PM 11/2/2003 +0100, Isaac wrote:

>Hello, list and listeners ,
>
>Can someone give me a basic regulation specs for these Yamaha grand
>electric pianos (key height-dip, letoff, stroke).

My CP-70 seems to be regulated like any other Yamaha grand. Key height is
determined by the panel that acts as a key stop rail, though I'm sure
there's a number for it somewhere. On their small grands it's 2 11/16".
Blow is 1 3/4", let off is 1/8" and dip is 25/64". Sorry I don't have the
metric equivalents available for you, but I'm still using Imperial
measurements since that's what all my tools are.

>I wonder also if the hammer covering is leather or corfoam, as used on
>other yamaha "leather" parts (If I am not wrong on that one !)

It looks like leather to me. Seems to wear like it too.

                 John

John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
Pianotech IRC chats Tuesday and Thursday nights and Sunday Mornings
http://www.bigfoot.com/~kmvander/ircpiano.html