Irate Customer

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 20:24:33 -0500

Thanks for the input Barbara. I too like to have the pianist home for a =
first-time appt. That is why, in part, that I scheduled this appointment =
for today. The guy said the wife/pianist would be home. When I got there =
he said she had to run off to something-or-other-whatever. Buy, yeah, =
the attempt to have the pianist there was made. I wish she would have =
been there.

".....first clue that I was in the wrong place was that there was no =
piano!"

Is that anything like (for a male) walking into a restroom in an =
unfamiliar public facility and not seeing any urinals? (Then hoping =
nobody is outside the door as you run quickly back out the door of the =
ladies restroom!)

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Barbara Richmond=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2003 7:55 PM
  Subject: Re: Irate Customer

  Terry,

  You tuned for a private customer today, Sunday?  Like wow, man.

  Your suggested appropriate response seems reasonable.  Don't worry =
about those "distinct tones."  Be calm, explain it as best you can and =
be firm.  Good luck! =20

  I made it a rule that the customer (or the pianist, if it wasn't a =
kid) always had to be around to let me in for the first appointment so =
we could check the piano out together before I started working.  =
Although your situation isn't exactly how and why I first learned this, =
I've found after time it's still a good rule for a number of reasons, =
including----one day I walked into the wrong unlocked house (small town, =
no house numbers, and even though you don't live there, the customer =
assumes you know all the landmarks in town, etc.).   I won't go into =
details here......but my first clue that I was in the wrong place was =
that there was no piano!    :-) =20

  Another embarrassing moment (oh, that would be lesson learned) in the =
life of...

  Barbara Richmond, RPT
  what address was that?
  somewhere near Peoria, IL