Irate Customer

Crashvalve@aol.com Crashvalve@aol.com
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 21:10:08 EST

In a message dated 11/2/03 6:09:32 PM, mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

>=20
> I tuned a Yamaha GH1 today (so-so condition). New customer "graduate of=20
> Puerto Rico Conservatory".=A0I sat=A0down on bench &=A0hit first key - BUZ=
ZZZZZZZZZZ.=20
> Found a half-dozen keys that made a nasty soundboard buzz. Found a rib I c=
ould=20
> press on while striking key that stopped the buzz. Lady was not home so I=20
> called hubby over to ask if=A0wife had complained about buzz. He said he h=
eard it=20
> when I demonstrated it, but she had not mentioned it.
>=20
>  =A0
>=20
>  So she just calls now=A0and said she played her piano. She is not happy a=
t=20
> all.=A0She said there were one or two keys that made a little buzz previou=
sly
>=20
>=20

The job of the tuner is to change pitches:this is what we are paid to do. If=
=20
the correct pitches cause new sympathetics/resonances to appear this is how=20
the physical world is put together and it cannot be changed. This is scant=20
comfort of course to either tuner or customer, but it's a physical fact. Som=
e=20
customers assume tuners are not competent at all, some will not pay fair rat=
es,=20
face it, there are more good tuners then there are good customers. BTW been=20
there, been done like that also
Glenn C.