Accu-Tuner ad

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Tue, 04 Nov 2003 06:15:52 -0500

Friends,

Yesterday I got a large postcard advertisement from Inventronics about the
Accu-Tuner.  I presume most of you did, too, or will soon.  I find the ad to be
in very poor taste.  Using phrases against their competitors, such as wild
accuracy claims, being fooled, science fiction, being tricked -- it is hard to
believe they would stoop this low.

Please understand that I am not denigrating the Accu-Tuner machine.  When I made
my decision some years ago, before Verituner was available, I felt that either
RCT (Reyburn Cyber-Tuner for those who aren't familiar with the acronyms) or SAT
II (Sanderson Accu-Tuner, the latest model at that time) would have served me
well.  I decided to go with RCT.  I like being able to enter data on a standard
computer keyboard.

I have not regretted that decision, and I think that if I had chosen SAT I would
have learned to like that machine, too.  If I were choosing now, Verituner might
get my dollars.  In my opinion the continuous sampling is a great feature, but I
like the compact size and shape of what I'm using now (RCT installed on a
Toshiba Libretto 110CT).

I don't really want to start ETD (electronic tuning device) arguments again on
this list, but it might happen anyway.  What got me started is this ad I
received.

Regards, Clyde