Verituner Review/Goss

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 08:09:49 -0800

Joe Goss said: "By hot I mean set so that any thing other than right on
would cause the
spinner to move right and left. This is what the string does naturally and
the Verituner can sense all of that.
There is a default setting that is very similar to the SAT.

Or you may have also been dealing with a piano with nonmated strings. This
also will cause the spinner to not come to a stop. To overcome this all I do
is play the note soft and repeated fast like one must do in the high treble
with the SAT and go for an average. Then check with the ear.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com

Joe,
Precisely my point. However, the one's I've tried were in the "Normal Mode",
(again, whatever the heck that is). And I was checking just one string, so
the unmated string theory of yours doesn't wash. I simply do not like the
machine. That's just me. Out of several techs who have it, they have not
been able to show me that it is superior in any way. In fact, I've shown
them that the SAT(s) can do a better job, with less BS involved.
Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I