Fw: Baldwin pre-cut string

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Tue, 4 Nov 2003 16:26:12 -0700

Hi Michael,
 My shepheards sits down with one leg crossed under himself.  He then =
passes the long end of the staff through the circle made by his crotch =
and legs with the top part of the crook scraping his shin both ends of =
the staff pass through the same hole.
I can not see two the same holding.??
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Michael Gamble=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 3:16 PM
  Subject: Fw: Fw: Baldwin pre-cut string

  Hello Joe Goss
  Yes. You end up with TWO shepherds crooks. First mic. up the core of =
the broken(torn? why torn?) string, select the closest from your =
left-overs from bass restring jobs, prepare the end like (as you said) a =
shepherds crook then, taking TWO pairs of duck-billed pliers, bend over =
HALF the looped end so that it conforms to the reef-knot in its =
completed form. Next do thou likewise to the end of the broken string. =
Follow this with (as you said) passing both ends of one through the loop =
of the other. Keep trying and experimenting. It's a good wheeze and gets =
you out of a lot of trouble very quickly and effectively. I have even =
been known to strip back some of the wrapping in order to get enough =
core to make my knot - and it didn't have any effect on the tonal =
structure. Now that's what I call queer. :-}
  Regards - and Get Knotted! ;-)
  Michael G (UK)
  ----- Original Message -----=20