KEY Notching File

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 06:22:08 -0500

Oh, oh, oh - a key notching file! Daaaaaaaaa! I was trying to picture =
how one was going to use a file on a bridge notch.

Do you do key tops for the trade? I've been using a couple folks around =
town here, but the one's that did good work move away, and the others, =
well ...........

Terry Farrell
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joe And Penny Goss=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 4:20 PM
  Subject: Re: Wanted Acu-tuner -3

  Hi Terry,
  I use a 1/8" x 3/4" x 48" iron strap that has felt to protect the new =
key tops that I am replacing. This is clamped to the end keys and used =
as a guide. The strap locates where the notch will end up all in a =
perfect row. Something always seems to happen with my router O:((=20
  The file is just a little narrower or smaller than the width of the =
sharp gap and smooth on the edges so that it can not over cut.
  Joe Goss
  imatunr@srvinet.com
  www.mothergoosetools.com