Posting replies!/Michael Gamble

Wed, 5 Nov 2003 21:31:34 -0000

Hello Bob Davis
Thanks for your enlightened input. I have so much to learn about these =
new-fangled electronic data processing units called PCs. I'm more at =
home with teletype and Baud rates I think. But I'm learning thanks to =
your suggestions. The e-mailer I'm using is Outlook Express 6 - but I am =
still very much at sea when it comes to cut/copy/paste. I must take a =
course on it. At least read a book about it! :-)I don't know how your =
e-mail software works, but in some, highlighting text in the original =
message before hitting the Reply button causes that text to be copied =
into the reply. Very easy. If not, it is also easy to Copy from one and =
Paste into the other. Usual shortcut is to highlight the text, Control+C =
to copy, and Control+V to paste. Considerate list members try to copy =
only the salient parts of the message to which they are replying.
Hey! You're right about the Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V - it even works on my e-mail =
Outlook Express 6! This is all very exciting!
Many thanks and regards
Michael G (UK)