Analine dyes and epoxy

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 19:29:36 EST

David asks:
<<

> Can you safely mix analine dyes with epoxy?

>  >>

Wow,  you must have been looking in my window last week.
  I did this for the first time, working up a set of keys.  The keys were
eroded by fingernail contact under the edges.     I used the West system stuff,
and mixed in a generous amount of their filleting filler.   When it came time
to do the sharps, I just put a small amount of black analine powder, ( I think
that is what it is, it is alcohol soluble dye that I have used on sharps for
years).
 Results were perfect.  It didn't cure any faster than the normal, and when I
ground the sides flat, it was as near invisible as it could be.
Regards,

Ed Foote RPT
 <A HREF="http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/399/six_degrees_of_tonality.html">
MP3.com: Six Degrees of Tonality</A>