ghosts

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 10:11:42 EST

Clyde,

I have a couple of tools I use for bass damper crust and/or scum of different
sorts.  I use a triangular shaped file(don't know the proper name) that has
faces 3/8 inch wide or so.  They usually fit right into the string groove.

For trichords, my favorite tool is a nail file(which is also useful for
slipping in between action parts to take off sloppily applied glue chunks).  The
one I use has a broken tip, giving it a flat end.

Tenderly is the key word here.  It doesn't take alot of elbow grease to get
crust off of dampers.

Dave Stahl