Rib Gluing Repair

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Thu, 6 Nov 2003 10:58:35 -0700

Hey Guy,
Cool tip. Gotta remember that one!
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Nichols=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 10:32 AM
  Subject: Re: Rib Gluing Repair

  Terry,
    As Ron says, laying the piano on it's side may be needed. Also, I =
had experience with an extremely hard-to-hear buzz (pretty much only =
showed up on recording) SD-10 that turned out to be a metal filing =
hanging down from the plate.=20
    As far as rib gluing goes, don't forget your vacuum cleaner. If you =
adjust (permanently) the tip of a crevice tool, you can make it fit into =
the 90=B0 formed between the rib and the board. Touch the crevice tool =
tip to a grinder, on both sides, as if sharpening a lathe gouge. Feed =
glue onto the other side of the rib while applying suction to near side, =
and pull the glue into the crack. I would use thinned wood glue. Fun, =
noisy, and you can think of all kinds of crude puns as you work.

  Later,
  Guy