Rib Gluing Repair

Robin Hufford hufford1@airmail.net
Thu, 06 Nov 2003 20:44:35 -0800

Terry,
    Consider the possiblity of the rib buzzing you describe being due to
the INTERIOR of the rib having come loose against the board while both
edges still appear attached.  If you can push the rib up against the
board and  no other obvious candidates are immediately apparent, then I
would seriously consider this.   You might be able to acquire some clues
as to this by carefully mapping through the buzzing area with pressure
and attempting to discover a pattern.  These do exist even though that
are, in my experience, very uncommon.
  I spent considerable peace of mind, money and general life attitude
trying to discover the origin of what turned out to be just such a buzz,
on a vertical which was a most exasperating experience.   If I remember
right, I eventually concluded, due to the fact that I could push on the
rib and stop the buzz in certain places and not in others,  that it was
a hidden separation.  I then forced a knife with some effort,  into the
joint and found such was the case.  I have seen what I thought was one
or two other of these over the years but did not verify such by the
repair.
Regards, Robin Hufford