Full Service Appointments

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Fri, 7 Nov 2003 07:32:58 -0500

> I have tremendous respect for piano rebuilders, whom I think
> must know everything about everything.  But then again maybe
> they don't.

Clyde, they may know more about the basic structure and certain quirks
with certain makes. It depends what level of re-building you get
into..there's the re-string/re-pin level and there's Del's level which
is to re-design. There's plenty of room in the middle of those 2
scenarios to learn about the instrument.

Anyone who tells you they know 'everything about everything' doesn't
know jack****, in my opinion. The more I personally experiment with the
restoration part of the business, the better my home service calls
become..because now I have some 1st hand experience with replacing this
and that..and what it's going to cost..the benefit of doing such and
such..In-home tuning and repair is the bread and butter for a lot of us,
but learning something about what makes it all work makes that bread and
butter easier to obtain, in my humble opinion.

-Phil Bondi(FL)
phil@philbondi.com