Accu-Tuner ad

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Sun, 09 Nov 2003 09:00:51

Hi Terry,

Maximum overpull on RCT was set at 30 cents (for treble wires). It's the
blind tuning part that makes the difference, because it preloads the area
of the piano that drops the most. The rest is a credit to Dean's careful
pitch raise overpull chart as well. (12% with wound strings mostly). No
strings failed.

At 07:04 AM 11/9/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>   You are comfortable  overshooting targeted pitch by up to 86 cents?
>Please don't do that to my piano!  Seems to me a two-pass pitch raise is
>advisable in such a case - first pass  targeting standard pitch, and the
>second with the appropriate  overpull.   Terry Farrell   ----- Original
>Message -----  <pianotuna@accesscomm.ca> <pianotech@ptg.org> Sent:
>Saturday, November 08, 2003 3:34  PM Subject: Re: Accu-Tuner ad
>> Hi Michael,
>>
>> How about 160 to 250 cents one pass  ending up at A441? Close enough for
>> you? Yes A0 to C8 using Reyburn  Cyber Tuner, but cheating using "deaf
>> tuning" from A#4 to C8.

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/