smooth delicate and creamy

Andrew & Rebeca Anderson anrebe@zianet.com
Sun, 09 Nov 2003 12:21:20 -0700

I understand that when you do a pitch-raise you overpull by a per-centage
of how flat it is.  I usually set the global offset to ten-percent
overpull.  I've been told this is too conservative, but on better pianos it
comes out right on pitch, that is A4 comes out at 440.  Now is that what we
are referring too? or is this a discouragement of the method of pulling the
unison over pitch and then easing down to pitch generally billed as a way
to leave the pin stable?  I've noticed it doesn't work so well on low
tension strings under capo bars (I hate those Kawais that are all capo
bars).  Is it a discouragement of doing this to unisons that happen to be
very close to pitch but you set anyway for "stability"?

Andrew