Keith Jarrett interview

Andrew & Rebeca Anderson anrebe@zianet.com
Sun, 09 Nov 2003 12:27:47 -0700

Isaac,
I've been told that a piano should be tuned in the room where it will be=20
performed on.  I have noted that the way I have tuned our grand has changed=
=20
with moving it to different rooms.  I stretched it more in a very small=20
room.  Is this typical?

Andrew

At 07:47 PM 11/9/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Chostakovitch, not Shostaxxxx !
>
>The analogy between the playing of Electric piano and tuning with EDT is=20
>yet quite feasible I 'd say - this poison that slowly introduce itself in=
=20
>your soul ;>)
>
>Unfortyunately true, using an EDT at first change your tuning for the=20
>better (for most of us) but also change slighly your perception of the job.
>
>When using RCT, I've tuned 2 Steinway D for a concert, one with the RCT,=20
>one without it, and do the opposite on the next day ; my ears have been=20
>accustomed enough to the sound of the RCT tunings that I obtained the same=
=20
>tuning on the 2 pianos.
>
>I did not make the same experiment with the VT, but I regularely leave it=
=20
>home, I have even made chromatic PR plus tuning as fast as with the EDT,=20
>and I believe with the same accuracy more or less, let's say !) The use of=
=20
>the VT learned me how to recognize more a better partial matching between=
=20
>octaves, not pushing too much the strech even when room accoustic allow for=
 it.

>Greetings
>

>Pianomania
>Isaac OLEG
>accordeur - reparateur - concert=20
><http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=3DTmap&addr=3D19+rue+Jules+Ferry&csz=
=3D94400+VITRY+sur+SEINE&country=3Dus>19=20
>rue Jules Ferry
>94400 VITRY sur SEINE
><mailto:oleg-i@noos.fr>oleg-i@noos.fr
>tel: