Fw: Accu-Tuner ad

Sun, 09 Nov 2003 21:22:10 +0100

> >Michael,
> >So do I, I was taught that the tenor to base affect the sound-board and
> >plate most and that tuning treble before these would simply waste the
> >effort.  Anyone out there that can comment on that authoritatively?   Also
> >you get to check your progress in relation to A440 as you go and adjust as
> >may be needed in poor scaling situations.  I'm curious now.
> >
> >Andrew

I have heard this same, and from some rather highly respected
individuals of the trade, yet I suspect personally that it is one of
those myths that was once presented in such a way as to sound senseable,
and caught on... but that there is little truth to it.

In anycase, I've tuned up and down, inside out, round and round, and
find absolutly nothing that would indicate to me that it really makes a
hoot of a difference where you start and where you end.... stability
wise.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne