smooth and creamy/pitch raise

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Sun, 09 Nov 2003 14:35:57

Hi Glen,

That depends on whether they were too sharp or too flat before you began.
Very often A6 may be considerably flatter than A4, but that doesn't rule
out "wild" tuning by some well meaning "tooner". It's just as impossible to
do beautiful tuning if they are too sharp.

At 02:36 PM 11/9/2003 EST, you wrote:

> In a message dated 11/9/03 2:22:14 PM, anrebe@zianet.com writes:
>

> Probably the big "mistake" is that you are trying to pitch correct too
>>>much. Next time you tune a piano that is mere 4 cents flat (at A4)--take
>>>the time to measure A3, A4, A5, and A6 after you have finished. I suspect
>>>you will find they are not where you placed them originally."
>

> But nobody is saying whether the A3,A4,A5, and A6 are too flat or too
>sharp. If i get the concept they should be flat, yes ?
> glen c.

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/