stringing scales

Wed, 12 Nov 2003 08:51:45 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Calin Tantareanu" <dnu@fx.ro>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: November 11, 2003 10:51 AM
Subject: stringing scales

> Hi Del,
>
> If you are interested, I have the scaling information from the
Schweighofer
> grand whose pictures I've sent you some time ago.
> I am currently playing around with an Excel spreadsheet and trying to
> rescale it.
> Let me know if you need it.
>
>  Calin Tantareanu
>  e-mail: dnu@fx.ro
>  http://calintantareanu.tripod.com

I am interested in scaling information from any early piano. I would like
to assemble as much information as possible about the stringing scales used
in early fortepianos and transitional instruments. Who knows...it might
help us understand where some of the current ideas of scaling came from.

Very little has been written about this. Most writers get into the
development of the action but only casually mention the strings or the
scaling.

Thanks,

Del