an old broadwood

Thu, 13 Nov 2003 05:55:44 -0600

Isaac,

Bonjour!!

At 08:53 11/13/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>A customer gave me a vertical piano "Bridge piano" from Montal, a
>blind piano maker from France, the instrument was made around 1840.

I _think_ I know the model.  I remember pictures of a (1 metre?) high piano
with what looks like a lot of foot room,  kind of an arch where modern
pedals would be found. Extremely oblique stringing with all strings headed
down one leg?  Would that be the one?

>If someone want to buy ( alot of $$) my  Montal PIANO PONT (bridge piano)
>chime in !

Unfortunately, it probably wouldn't fit in my carry-on bag, or fit in the
overhead compartment... ;-}

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076

- Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is
what you get from not reading it.