Winter Blues

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:25:28 EST

Paul,

I envisioned a similar scenario.  At least the piano that I was working on=20
was only a cheapo rental in a store.  The downside?  It was a spinet.  When=20=
I=20
put that action back in the second time, I handled it like fine crystal, and=
=20
luckily, no more parts broke.

Dave

In a message dated 11/13/03 7:30:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,=20
pmc303@ricochet.com writes:

> I once did a repair on a Chickering console that had plastic jacks.  I rod=
e=20
> in on my white horse and discovered one was broken.  =E2=80=9CAh yes, M=
=E2=80=99aam, I can=20
> fix this.  No problem.=E2=80=9D  And then, removing the whippen, I broke t=
he plastic=20
> flange that secured it to the rail.  And then the one next to it.  Replaci=
ng=20
> the action another broke.  Long story short,  I had to replace every plast=
ic=20
> part in the action.  Since I had already given the lady a low bid ($200),=20=
I=20