Help with Steinway Model..

BobDavis88@aol.com BobDavis88@aol.com
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 11:49:07 EST

In a message dated 11/16/2003 8:23:32 AM Pacific Standard Time,
phil@philbondi.com writes:

> I seem to be getting differing strong opinions as to what model this gem
> might be..and I appreciate those opinions, publicly and privately.
>
> If I have a chance to go back tomorrow and see this piano again, is there
> any way to better define what model this piano is?

The scale. Twenty bass and a third bridge makes it an A of the first variety.
Should be two wound pairs and 7 wound triples, if memory serves. The O has a
round tail but a 26 bass. Later A's had 20 bass, square tail, no third bridge,
5 wound pairs at bottom of tenor.

Hope this helps.

Bob Davis