Piano Empty Trees WAS Re: Help with Steinway Model..(OT)

Tue, 18 Nov 2003 11:19:39 -0000

Hello Barbara
Have 'cello, will travel - but not that far....
You said:"Actually, I was thinking more in terms of the second movement =
from Grieg's Sonata."
I say: Make it Grieg's Cello Sonate - you know it? Wonderful stuff! Try =
it on your piano - the piano part, I mean. You can sing the 'cello line =
Karaoke style!... ;-)
Just got back on my bicycle with a Bass bridge which had come totally, =
but Totally unglued - the owner was wondering what the noise was when =
she played this 15year old Chappell upright. I just loosened off the =
bass strings and withdrew the "off-set"? then the bridge itself. Glue =
had failed in this ex-nursing-home piano. No screws - just glue. I'll =
soon change that!!
Regards
Michael G (UK) in the middle of a muddle in the Downs.