Square Grand Scaling Question

Tue, 18 Nov 2003 21:29:49 -0000

Hello Capn. Joe Garrett
Thanks for this:
"The British really screwed things up with their own designations.<G>), and
translate to known wire sizes of today. Also, if the wire "feels" limp, it's
not "modern" steel wire, but rather "cast/iron" wire. That's a whole
different bucket of worms. For that, I'd defer to Malcom Rose for
clarification."
Malcolm has his workshop just round the corner from me - that is, a couple
of miles away - anything he doesn't know about early keyboards isn't worth
knowing. In most of the catalogues (I like the use of the "ue" in that -
don't you?) of suppliers to the early musical instrument movement his name
is mentioned as supplier of iron string. Nice man - we chat a bit every now
and then. His rebuilt oak workshop in English Passage, Lewes is quite a
place.
He holds recitals there quite often. :-)
Regards
Michael G (UK) BRITISH! AND PROUD OF IT!!!     Ha! Ha! (even if, Like Bush,
we do screw things up a bit.) But I still operate in 0.001" can't think in
metric....<G>