Crown Upright Re-build

Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:18:54 -0000

Hello Arlin Hall
You sad, inter alia: "The owners are trying to decide whether to have this
piano rebuilt /
restored or to buy a new one.  Given the sentimental value of having such an
instrument in the family for such a long time, I think they may want to have
it rebuilt if it is feasible. "
Get them to buy new new new!!! I know that sentiment is a strong thing, but
if they are even remotely thinking of replacing.... lean on them in that
direction. There's a lot of   t r o u b l e  in store on such a piano as you
describe and once you start in, the... " but it was all right before you
touched it..." syndrome springs strongly to mind!! :-)
Regards
Michael G (UK)