Fw: Steinway Model..and the winner is..

Sat, 22 Nov 2003 19:09:08 -0000

Hello Robin H
You said: "You could measure one of the 26 note "A"s.  The real A, as far as
I know
will be 6 ft 1&1/2 inches or thereabouts, unless it is the A3 which will be
6'4'' and which, I think, should be called the A4.   The O is about 5 ft
10&1/2
inches.  So, if your 26 note pianos are this length, perhaps they are what
we
call O's here."
Yes, Robin, I'll do just that and post the result. NOTE My measurements are
over-all and include the overhang of the top at the tail end right to the
vertical line in front of the keyboard. OK?
You also mention: "I have read in Fostle's "The Steinway Saga".... this is a
book I haven't read or even know about. How about that? I can see I'm in for
some interesting reading...!
Regards
Michael G (UK)