verdigris-Goof off

Tompiano@aol.com Tompiano@aol.com
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 07:24:47 EST

Tom
You have to try using the heat gun method. Two minutes of heat treatment and
we easily get a full year of free moving parts, and that's in steamy hot and
humid S. Florida.
The trick is to keep the gun moving over the infected parts and don't let the
gun stop in one spot. As long as the gun keeps moving, parts won't burn and
the verdi gris poofs up in a plume of blue/gray smoke within 20 seconds.
I usually do this with parts attached to the action frame.  I'll work one
section at a time and it's amazing how quickly it removes the verdi gris.  I
follow-up with a healthy dose of Protek and the parts remain extremely usable for
about a 10-12 months.
The nice thing about this method is that it's clean and easy.
Flame suit on
Tom Servinsky