verdigris-Goof off

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@comcast.net
Mon, 24 Nov 2003 14:21:56 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Jeannie Grassi
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 1:22 AM
To: 'Pianotech'
Subject: RE: verdigris-Goof off

Tom,

Did they really have verdigris, or were they just tight?  Had you tried
shrinking the centers before you tried the "Goof Off"?   Perhaps that
would have taken care of the sluggishness??  I have yet to find
verdigris on anything but a Steinway...call me lucky.

jeannie

            To all ,

            Yes ---Non Steinways can have verdigris.My clue was the
green junk on the centers and 30 years experience.

             No--- shrinking has not helped solve Verdigris in my
experience

            And to the question about why the piano will not support an
action rebuild. It needs a new block, board and bridges, along with a
new set of keys and all action parts. This on a piano owned by a woman
with two kids in College who plays the thing twice a year.

Oh, the case is a wreck also.

            Tom Driscoll