action brackets needed

Mark Dierauf mark@nhpianos.com
Tue, 25 Nov 2003 14:39:11 -0500

No, both the sets I installed were on similar vintage pianos. Pot metal
seemed to be popular in that age and that factory. I once saw an AMPICO
player transmission frame that had disintegrated to nothing more than a
few lumps of crud almost unrecognizable but for the chains, sprockets &
gears intermingled with them. Again, the two sets in my experience
worked fine, but I can almost remember that there were two different
styles of Aeolian brackets available from APSCO.

-----Original Message-----
From: Life4opera@aol.com [mailto:Life4opera@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 8:27 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: action brackets needed

Hi Mark,
they do not match, the new ones are much shorter, and I can see how the
rails angles are made which also are totally different, plus the
distance between the metal borders and the screw holes are different
too.
But thanks for the advice, I guess probably the ones you used were for
more contemporary pianos? This piano is from 1928.
E CH