C.Lose Square Piano

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 08:52:09 -0800

RicB,
Finally got access to the whole archive(s). That's definately a Square piano
of the early 1800's. Very much like the 1805 Muzio Clementi, I have the
privilege to work on. From a purist's point of view, it would be best to
clean the board, possibly re-rib/crown it, etc. I've not had the opportunity
to put a new board in one of these thingees, but it would be interesting,
from the stand-point of "truly" hearing what the "new" instrument,
"probably" sounded like! As for the wire size(s), that's a new one, on me,
and I'm sorry I can't be of much help. As it is European, I suspect
clarification will have to come from European sources. Good luck and keep me
posted, as I am muchly interested in your project!
Very Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I