Glues/Richard

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 22:32:21 +0100

A good trick I use with hot glue is to use a heat gun from time to time to
keep the shanks a tad hot.

A warm metal metal plate at hand allows the head to be warm also, then
gluing time is almost twice.

I particularly like the fact that once the head is in its position this is
the final one, so minute adjustments are possible and accurate.

I like white glue with expanding abilities if there is a problem with the
bore, but the glue keep lines of force that tend to turn the head in reverse
direction than when glued.

To keep a better glue, I was told to avoid any additional water in the glue,
so I keep the pot covered - and make a thin glue to begin with.
If water is to be added it may imperatively be warm.
A drop of vinegar is supposed to be added if the glue is too thick, I did
not find this to be very efficient.

Distilled water may be better to keep the batch of glue longer, usual water
is more or less "hard" and thicken the glue more.

I have find good glue but have tried many brands before. The one I get is
from Dick in Germany.
I order nerves and bone, and I mix the 2.
Euro cents ...

Best Regards.

Isaac

.

                       Pianomania

                        Isaac OLEG
                        accordeur - reparateur - concert  19 rue Jules Ferry
                        94400 VITRY sur SEINE
                        oleg-i@noos.fr  tel:
                              fax:
                              mobile:  033 01 47 18 06 98
                              33 01 47 18 06 90
                              033 06 60 42 58 77

            Powered by Plaxo Want a signature like this?