Dummy Damper/Keith

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 08:31:43 -0800

Keith said: "However, I don't recall finding auxiliary dampers generally
installed on
vertical pianos with only one damper lever lift rod. However, I do find
the dummy levers installed on vertical pianos with the bass damper
lifting feature (middle pedal) that requires two damper lever lift rods"

Keith,
I have seen a dummy damper on a few uprights, with a single lift rod. I add
a dummy damper to many, to eliviate the slight pressure that an
out-of -balance lift rod will cause against the damper levers. Makes the
slight "over-ring" go away, big time!<G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police
Squares Are I