Cut to the chase.. was Response to David A.

Tue, 9 Sep 2003 11:20:28 -0700

I think they are both right and I don't see that these views are mutually
exclusive.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net

----- Original Message -----
From: Richard Brekne
To: davidlovepianos@earthlink.net;Pianotech
Sent: 9/9/2003 3:14:33 PM
Subject: Re: Cut to the chase.. was Response to David A.

Here you hit the nail on the head David. BANG !! Square on it. I agree word
for word with the following paragraph... one hundred percent. The thing is
tho this has to be applied even handedly accross the board. Things go both
ways.
John Hartman responded to Ron Overs in a recent contribution to this
general thread recently... read through this segment..

> This endemic problem of not making waves is killing the potential that
> we have to move forward in our industry. I find it frustrating when I
> hear comments from talented people who seem to be resistant to the idea
> of progress unless it comes from one of the hallowed manufacturers.

But Ron, I am making waves! Just that my waves say that we have been
failing to meet the challenge of developing the craft and aesthetic
understanding that is vital to getting the most out of the many fine
pianos we technicians are likely to come across in our careers. If we
would just do this many of the these engineering issues will fade into
the background. If there is an "endemic problem" I think it is with
putting science before art and craft.